There are several other ways in which you can take an active role in the UL Standards development process without being a member of an STP:
- You can make proposals for revising the current standards. When submitting a proposal please use our "Request a Proposal" form which can be found at https://csds.ul.com/.
- You can review and comment on proposals that are being considered by the STP. To receive proposals at no cost, visit UL CSDS (https://csds.ul.com/) and select "View Proposals Available" from the Proposals drop down menu. Once you find a proposal you would like to review, simply click on the proposal entry, and select the "Obtain Proposal Access" link. From here, you will be able to receive Free access to the proposal.
- As an alternative, you may also sign up for UL's free "What's New e-Notification" Service. This is an electronic notification which is sent out twice a month, and includes a list (including the scope) of all the standards documents published for that time period. You may watch for the publication of relevant documents, and purchase any that are of interest to you. CSDS proposals are also listed in What's New. From the What's New listing you may select a CSDS proposal and receive Free access to the proposal.
- You can request to attend meetings of the Standards Technical Panel. STP meetings are posted on UL's website at https://csds.ul.com/Home/MeetingsDefault.aspx
- Monitoring ANSI Standards Action newsletter.
- Volunteer to participate in a Task Group.
For further information concerning joining an STP, contact Mitchell Gold, STP Membership Coordinator.