Standard for Explosive atmospheres - Part 5: Equipment protection by powder filling “q”
1DV.1.1 This standard part of IEC 60079 contains specific requirements for the construction, testing and marking of electrical equipment, parts of electrical equipment and Ex components in the type of protection powder filling ?q?, intended for use in explosive gas atmospheres.
NOTE 1? Electrical equipment and Ex components protected by powder filling ?q? can contain electronic circuits, transformers, protection fuses, relays, intrinsically safe electrical apparatus, associated electrical apparatus, switches, etc.
NOTE 2? Type of protection powder filling ?q? provides Equipment Protection Level (EPL) Gb or Mb.
1DV.2.1 This standard supplements and modifies the general requirements of UL 60079-0 IEC 60079-0. Where a requirement of this standard conflicts with a requirement of UL 60079-0 IEC 60079-0, the requirement of this standard takes precedence.
This standard applies to electrical equipment, parts of electrical equipment and Ex components with:
- ? a rated supply current less than or equal to 16 A;
- ? a rated supply voltage less than or equal to 1 000 V;
- ? a rated power consumption less than or equal to 1 000 W.
- Table of Contents
- UL Preface
- IEC Foreword
- EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES - Part 5: Equipment protection by powder filling "q"
- 1 Scope
- 2 Normative references
- 3 Terms and definitions
- 4 Constructional requirements
- 4.1 Containers
- 4.2 Filling material
- 4.3 Distances
- 4.4 Connections
- 4.5 Capacitors
- 4.6 Cells and batteries
- 4.7 Temperature limitations under overload conditions
- 4.8 Temperature limitations under malfunction conditions
- 5 Verifications and tests
- 5.1 Type verifications and tests
- 5.2 Routine verifications and tests
- 6 Marking
- 7 Instructions
- Edition Number: 4
- Edition Date: 04/29/2016
- Price Code: E
- Type: uliec
- ANSI Approved: 04/29/2016
- DOD Approved: —