Standard for Explosive Atmospheres - Part 6: Equipment Protection by Liquid Immersion 'o'
1DV.1.1 This standard part of IEC 60079 specifies the requirements for the design, construction, testing and marking of Ex Equipment and Ex Components with type of protection liquid immersion ?o? intended for use in explosive gas atmospheres.
Ex Equipment and Ex Components of type of protection liquid immersion ?o? are either:
•? Level of Protection ?ob? (EPL ?Mb? or ?Gb?)
•? Level of Protection ?oc? (EPL ?Gc?)
For Level of Protection ?ob?, this standard applies where the rated voltage does not exceed 11 kV r.m.s. a.c. or d.c.
For Level of Protection ?oc?, this standard applies where the rated voltage does not exceed 15 kV r.m.s. a.c. or d.c.
NOTE? Requirements for higher voltages are under consideration.
1DV.2.1 This standard supplements and modifies the general requirements of UL 60079-0 IEC 60079-0. Where a requirement of this standard conflicts with a requirement of UL 60079-0 IEC 60079-0, the requirement of this standard takes precedence.
- Table of Contents
- UL Preface
- IEC Foreword
- EXPLOSIVE ATMOSPHERES - Part 6: Equipment protection by liquid immersion "o"
- 1 Scope
- 2 Normative references
- 3 Terms and definitions
- 4 Constructional requirements
- 4.1 General
- 4.2 Levels of protection and requirements of electrical equipment
- 4.3 Switching device
- 4.4 Creepage and clearance
- 4.5 Liquid containment enclosures
- 4.6 Immersion depth
- 4.7 Protective liquid level indication
- 4.8 Temperature limitations
- 4.9 Field wiring connections to liquid immersion equipment
- 4.10 Constructional elements of enclosures
- 5 Protective Liquid
- 5.1 Protective liquid specification
- 5.2 Detailed alternative specification
- 5.3 Group I equipment
- 5.4 Liquid contamination and gassing that may result from arcing
- 5.5 Total volume of the protective liquid
- 6 Verifications and tests
- 6.1 Type tests
- 6.2 Routine tests
- 7 Marking
- 8 Instructions
- Annex A (informative) Selection and erection requirements
- Annex B (informative) Maintenance requirements
- Annex C (informative)Repair and Overhaul requirements
- Edition Number: 4
- Edition Date: 04/29/2016
- Price Code: E
- Type: uliec
- ANSI Approved: 04/29/2016
- DOD Approved: —