Ways to Participate
UL Standards & Engagement is always looking for participants in our Standards Development Process. See the Call for Members information for those TCs that are currently recruiting new membership. Beyond TC membership, you can participate in our Standards Development by submitting proposals to change a standard, commenting on standards proposals, and more.
- Submit Proposals to Revise UL Standards. You can make proposals for revising the current standards. When submitting a proposal please use our “Submit Proposal Request” form which can be found at https://csds.ul.com/.
- Follow Standards of Interest. You can ‘follow’ any UL Standard in CSDS (https://csds.ul.com/). When you follow a standard of interest, you will automatically be added to open and future work areas for that standard. You will have the ability to view documents in the work area, submit comments and see comments submitted, view the vote summary (when available), and receive email notifications for the work area. Use our guide or watch our video on Following Standards.
- Attend TC Meetings. You can request to attend meetings of the Technical Committee. TC meetings are posted on CSDS.
- What’s New Service. Sign up for UL’s free “What’s New e-Notification” Service. This is an electronic notification which is sent out twice a month, and includes a list (including the scope) of all the standards documents published for that time period. You may watch for the publication of relevant documents, and purchase any that are of interest to you. CSDS proposals are also listed in What’s New.
- Purchase a Standards Subscription. Buy a subscription to one of UL’s Standards at ShopULStandards.com
- Monitoring ANSI Standards Action newsletter.
- Volunteer to participate in a Task Group.