Ways to Participate
UL is always looking for participants in UL's Standards Development Process. See the Call for Members information on the STP Chart for those STPs that are currently recruiting new membership. Beyond STP membership, you can participate in UL's Standards Development by submitting proposals to change a standard, commenting on standards proposals, and more.
- Submit Proposals to Revise UL Standards. You can make proposals for revising the current standards. When submitting a proposal please use our “Submit Proposal Request” form which can be found at https://csds.ul.com/.
- Follow Standards of Interest. You can ‘follow’ any UL Standard in CSDS (https://csds.ul.com/). When you follow a standard of interest, you will automatically be added to open and future work areas for that standard. You will have the ability to view documents in the work area, submit comments and see comments submitted, view the vote summary (when available), and receive email notifications for the work area. Learn more about this feature.
- Attend STP Meetings. You can request to attend meetings of the Standards Technical Panel. STP meetings are posted on CSDS.
- What’s New Service. Sign up for UL’s free “What’s New e-Notification” Service. This is an electronic notification which is sent out twice a month, and includes a list (including the scope) of all the standards documents published for that time period. You may watch for the publication of relevant documents, and purchase any that are of interest to you. CSDS proposals are also listed in What’s New.
- Purchase a Standards Subscription. Buy a subscription to one of UL’s Standards at ShopULStandards.com
- Monitoring ANSI Standards Action newsletter.
- Volunteer to participate in a Task Group.