Ways to Participate
UL is always looking for participants in UL's Standards Development Process. See the Call for Members information on the STP Chart for those STPs that are currently recruiting new membership.
Please note that there are several other ways in which you can take an active role in the UL Standards development process without being a member of an STP:
- You can make proposals for revising the current standards. When submitting a proposal please use our "Request a Proposal" form which can be found at http://csds.ul.com/.
- You can comment on proposals that are being considered by the STP. To receive proposals, you should subscribe to the specific standards for which you have an interest. UL Standards and associated proposals are distributed via Comm-2000. Standards, proposals, and subscriptions are available for purchase from UL Standards Sales Site. As an alternative, you may also sign up for UL's free "What's New e-Notification" Service. This is an electronic notification which is sent out twice a month, and includes a list (including the scope) of all the standards documents published for that time period. You may watch for the publication of relevant documents, and purchase any that are of interest to you.
- You can request to attend meetings of the Standards Technical Panel. STP meetings are posted on UL's website at http://csds.ul.com/Home/MeetingsDefault.aspx
- Monitoring ANSI Standards Action newsletter.
- Volunteer to participate in a Task Group.